The series tells the story of Sira, a dressmaker who leaves behind the convulsed Madrid before the outbreak of the Civil War to follow the man she loves to Tangier, where she unwittingly becomes involved in an espionage scheme.
Based on the best-selling novel by María Dueñas, “El tiempo entre costuras” ("The Time in Between"). The novel is the latest literary phenomenon produced in Spain, it has been translated into over 25 languages and has sold some three million copies with over 37 editions.
"The Time in Between" has won numerous awards and aroused great interest on the international scene, accumulating sales in over 75 countries around the world.
Between Love and Duty...
With England, Germany and other major world powers about to hurl themselves into the terrible conflict of the Second World War, Sira is persuaded to return to Madrid, where she assumes a new identity and embarks upon the most perilous undertaking of her life. As the favorite seamstress of her enthusiastic customers, many of them wives of Nazi officials, Sira becomes embroiled in the hidden world of espionage and political conspiracy, a world full of love, intrigue and betrayal.
Between War and Peace...
With the Spanish Civil War about to break out in Madrid, Sira leaves her mother and her finacé and follows her handsome lover to Morocco on a whim. However, soon she too finds herself abandoned, broke and desolate in an exotic country. Among the motley group of European expatriates trapped in Morocco due to the worsening political situation in Europe, Sira reinvents herself by resorting to the only talent that can save her: her gift for creating beautiful garments.
Between Youth and Maturity...
At age twelve, Sira Quiroga sweeps the floors at the sewing workshop where here (single) mother works as a seamstress. At age fourteen, she smoothly transitions into her own apprenticeship. By the time she is in her twenties, she has already learned the trade and is engaged to be married to a modest civil servant. But everything changes when two charismatic men unexpectedly barge into her carefully planned life: an attractive salesman and the father she had never known.
Available on Amazon Prime Video.
- 2014 Ondas Award: Best Spanish Series and Best Actress in a National Fiction (Adriana Ugarte)
- 2014 Iris Award: Best Fiction, Actress, Director, Production, Photography and Lighting, Art and Scenography and Music
- 2014 Liber Award: Best Audiovisual Adaptation of a Literary Work
- 2014 Vitoria Festival Award: Critic's Choice Award for Best Fiction
- 2014 MIM Series Awards: Best Mini Series, Best Director (Iñaki Mercero, Iñaki Peñafiel and Norberto López Amado) and Best Performance by a Female (Adriana Ugarte)
- 2014 Actors' Union Awards: Best Leading Actress on TV (Adriana Ugarte), Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Tristán Ulloa), Best Supporting Actress (Elvira Mínguez) and Best Supporting Actor (Carlos Santos)
- 2014 Zapping Awards: Best Series and Best Actor (Tristán Ulloa)
- 2014 FyMTI Awards in Buenos Aires: Best Series/Mini Series, Best Leading Actress (Adriana Ugarte), Best Supporting Actress (María Carmen Sánchez), Best Supporting Actor (Francesc Garrido) and Best Screenplay (Susana López Rubio, Alberto Grondona and Carlos Montero)
- 2014 Program Analysis Groups (GAP) Awards
- 2013 D.O La Mancha Youth Awards: Performing Arts and Television
- 2014 Zoom Festival Award: Best Spanish Series
- 2014 Tourisfilm Award: Finalist